The first annual report of the NDIA, addressing the operations of the National Disability Insurance Scheme, was tabled in Parliament yesterday 29 October 2014.
The following points are extracted from a summary on the NDIS website:
- The NDIS operated in four trial sites in 2013–14: the Hunter in New South Wales, the Barwon region in Victoria, Tasmania and South Australia.
- $130.9 million of support was provided to 7316 participants — which is within the funding envelope of $148.8 million.
- Average annualised package costs were $34,600 at the end of June 2014, or $38,200 including the Stockton large residence — in line with the $35,000 average estimated by the Productivity Commission.
- At the close of the financial year, there were approximately 1350 NDIS registered service providers across the four trial sites.
- The NDIA employed 516 staff across the four trial sites and National Office.